Initial Setup Instructions
A- PARTS AND DESCRIPTIONS
1 - Porta-Bote Deck With Pedestal "Swivel-EZ" Seat System.
Centric Contoured Self Ventilating Seat With Continuous Comfort Zone. Swivel Seat Base with included hardware Pedestal and Pedestal Base with included hardware Removable Fold Out Ladder
2 - Anchor Line Lifting and Locking Control and Pulley System Already Attached. Plus Cleat Already Attached- Accepts any line with a thickness 1/4" (.6cm) to 7/16" (1.1cm) diameter
3 - Bow Trolling Mount with included hardware
4 - Two Removable Fishing Pole Holders (Shown below).
NOTICE- IF YOU ARE ALONE IN YOUR BOAT WHEN USING THE LADDER - FOR BETTER BALANCE AND SAFETY, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A GAS OUTBOARD OR OTHER SUITABLE WEIGHT AT THE REAR OF THE HULL. IF A SECOND PERSON IS ALSO IN THE BOTE, THEY SHOULD BE AT THE REAR SEAT WHEN YOU ARE USING THE LADDER. DO NOT EXCEED 5 MPH WHEN SITTING ON CHAIR.
B- INITIAL SET UP INSTRUCTIONS - This has to be done only once.
TOOLS NEEDED: 1 Philips head screwdriver and one pair of pliers or adjustable wrench or vice grip.
1a) Push the rear deck piece up against the front deck piece until the two holes of each flange line up flush deck to deck so they may be bolted together.
1b) Using a Philips head screw driver, insert a 1/4"-20x3/8") Philips flathead screw from the outside through each of the 4 holes.
1c) Place the hinged attachment plate at one end of the ladder onto the front of the deck. Align the three holes of hinge plate to the three holes on the deck as shown. Insert each M6x30 (1-1/16th inch long) Philips pan head bolt with a stainless steel washer through each hole. On the other side, insert a stainless steel washer and M6 Hex nut and tighten securely.
2) To place the Pedestal base on the deck, insert the centerstability tube attached to the underside of the center of the base into the pre-drilled hole in the deck. Align the outer holes of the base and insert the six provided bolts-M6x30- (1-1/16th inch long) philips pan head bolt with a stainless steel washer (from underneath the the deck through the holes in base. Attach the provided wing nuts to the bolts and tighten securely.
3) After tightening all wing nuts on base, PRESS ON BUTTON on pedestal and install pedestal and twist clockwise until it locks in. To remove, no need to press button, again. Just pull up.
4) Attach the seat rotator to the bottom of the seat using the 4 1/4"-20-3/4" Hex Head bolts and washers supplied. (DO NOT USE WINGNUTS IF INCLUDED) . Tighten down this hardware. You will only need to do this once.
5) Now, insert the seat with the seat rotator attached onto
the pedestal and tighten. If your seat has the locking handle, disregard. This has been replaced by the failsafe friction control knob to lock the seat in place.
7) Install each Fishing Rod Holder on each side of the seat in the pre-drilled hole. Tighten the wingnut under the hole in the deck.
7) To install the Bow Trolling Mount, just insert using the attached bolts into the special holes at the the front of the deck. Slide forward and tighten the wing nuts
8) To install the deck onto the Bote hull, remove the seat and pedestal from the deck first. Then place the front deck support holder over the top (gunwale) tubing at the front of the boat opposite you, as shown.
9) Then, pull out the side of the hull nearest you (if necessary) and push own the front deck support holder nearest you. Then push down the rear of the deck so it touches the front seat.
10) Now, with the deck firmly located, use the predrilled hole on each side of the deck as a guide. Drill a hole through each side of the hull and insert a M6x60 (2-3/8" long) bolt and washer and wingnut, supplied. You can cut away a small piece of the foam if necessary..
Technical Questions About Your Deck?
9am - 2 pm Mon Friday
Or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org